- An overview of the policy change to halt deportations on some young undocumented immigrants.
- In general, Latinos are more enthusiastic about Obama as a result of this policy change.
- Religious leaders are generally very pleased with this announcement. My own research suggests this will continue to lead to more pro-immigration sentiments among religious Americans.
- Ruben Navarette thinks that this is more style than substance. “Obama’s immigration record is most impressive to those who follow it least closely.” I tend to agree, although it’s still better than nothing.
- To be fair, this was basically the same thing that GOP Senator Marco Rubio proposed a few months ago. Great politics on the part of the president – take an idea from your opponent and make it your own. Bill Clinton did this masterfully all the time in the 1990s.
- Recent harsh immigration measures at the state level in places like Arizona and Alabama are resulting in billions of dollars of business and agricultural losses.
- My advice to Congressional Republicans: fight President Trump’s trade war
- A qualification to David Deutsch’s argument about proportional representation
- “The Beginning of Infinity”: David Deutsch on knowledge and human progress
- One can support both the Second Amendment and public safety restrictions on guns
- Ten observations on President Trump’s 2018 State of the Union address
- RT @NRO: The speed with which we imagine that our opponents have evil hearts or ignorant minds makes it harder to find common ground. https… 5 hours ago
- RT @smotus: If this were any other president I’d be worried that he knows something the rest of us don’t. twitter.com/QuorumCall/sta… 8 hours ago
- RT @PewReligion: Older Americans were not always the most frequent worship attenders pewforum.org/2018/06/13/why… https://t.co/LPRkyevDjJ 8 hours ago
- RT @PollsAndVotes: Now at least 4th poll on family separation at border. CNN 28% approve, 67% disapprove. But among Republicans 58% approve… 8 hours ago
- RT @leedrutman: Can we finally now just give up on the empty hope of non-political redistricting and work towards a real solution, like get… 10 hours ago