- I think this is fascinating: “Mapping the Nation’s Well-Being“. It’s also a bit depressing because Kentucky is near the bottom of just about every “well-being” indicator measured by Gallup. Interestingly, both of my previous places of residence (Utah and eastern Iowa) are near the top of just about everyone one of these well-being indicators.
- CNN’s Gloria Borger describes President Obama’s personality: “a deep tempermental caution, served with a side of prudence.” She talks about this like it’s a novel revelation. As I’ve described before, though, political psychologists predicted that this would be his style long before he was even elected.
- Speaking of psychology, this helps explain why so many college professors are politically liberal: “Individuals with the personality trait that most strongly predicts an inclination toward liberal politics [openness to experience] also predict an attraction to academic careers.”
- One can support both the Second Amendment and public safety restrictions on guns
- Ten observations on President Trump’s 2018 State of the Union address
- Election reform measures in the 2018 Kentucky legislative session
- My quick reactions to the first Mueller indictments
- My quick thoughts on Neil Gorsuch’s Supreme Court nomination
- RT @ryanburge: Apparently mainline Protestants had this sudden surge of evangelical orthodoxy in 2012. It quickly disappeared by 2014. Also… 6 hours ago
- RT @Newseum: That’s what the power of the #FirstAmendment looks like. #Protest signs are held up high as the #MarchForOurLives ended. Thank… 6 hours ago
- RT @OxfamAmerica: To all the students gathering at #MarchForOurLives rallies around the US today: Your voice matters. Make it heard. 📣 http… 9 hours ago
- Good for them: this is what it looks like to endorse and encourage liberal democractic values. More of this needed… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 9 hours ago
- RT @DrewLinzer: The stock market is one of the few things that has moved Trump's job approval. For people who aren't committed partisans, t… 16 hours ago