- Even though Kentuckians are some of the most socially conservative in the United States, only 25% of Kentuckians support SB 6, the hard-line immigration bill recently passed by the KY Senate. In contrast, 64% support the KY House’s approach in cracking down on employers who knowingly hire undocumented immigrants.
- I love the HBO miniseries John Adams. So this is very funny. They spoof a number of scenes and lines from the miniseries.
- Another political scientist on The Daily Show with John Stewart.
- My friend and colleague here at Centre College has posted a series of summaries on different parts of David Brooks’ forthcoming book The Social Animal. Brooks will be visiting Centre to deliver a convocation address later this spring. The first post is available here.
- One can support both the Second Amendment and public safety restrictions on guns
- Ten observations on President Trump’s 2018 State of the Union address
- Election reform measures in the 2018 Kentucky legislative session
- My quick reactions to the first Mueller indictments
- My quick thoughts on Neil Gorsuch’s Supreme Court nomination
- RT @voxdotcom: Democrats just flipped a Kentucky state legislature seat in a district Trump won by 49 points vox.com/2018/2/20/1703… 1 day ago
- RT @janariess: The New Copernicans is the best book I've read about Millennials and Christianity. Here's why I loved it, and why it also fr… 1 day ago
- RT @Religion_Public: While over 90% of Protestants in 2010 were still Protestants in 2014, there were a lot of Christians who switched deno… 1 day ago
- RT @voxdotcom: Mitt Romney said he wouldn’t accept an endorsement from Trump. Last night, he did. vox.com/policy-and-pol… 1 day ago
- RT @MisOfFact: Why Mitt Romney isn’t being told to “move on,” unlike another recent presidential candidate we could name. New from @smotus.… 1 day ago