- Wow. I didn’t expect to see Democrats lose Senate elections in Wisconsin and Illinois.
- Wow. I didn’t expect that Republican Mike Lee in Utah would get only 61% of the vote, and that the Republican gubernatorial candidate got only 64%. Utah usually elects its Republicans at the state level to the tune of 70-80%. The fact that these Republicans got only 61% and 64% suggests that the political winds were blowing the other way in Utah last night…
- On the House side, Democrat Walt Minnick (ID-1) was defeated by 10%. I used to live in Boise so this district interested me. Looks like the same tide that got him elected in 2006 swept him back out in 2010.
- Over the course of 2006 and 2008, the southwest, upper Midwest, and northeast got bluer and bluer on the congressional map. Not so much anymore.
- Republicans won big in the gubernatorial races yesterday, too. This has implications for the upcoming redistricting battle, as states will need to redraw their legislative districts based on the 2010 census numbers.
- Republicans won almost all open seats where there was no incumbent candidate running (36 of 43).
- And I still haven’t gotten around to the exit polls yet!
- One can support both the Second Amendment and public safety restrictions on guns
- Ten observations on President Trump’s 2018 State of the Union address
- Election reform measures in the 2018 Kentucky legislative session
- My quick reactions to the first Mueller indictments
- My quick thoughts on Neil Gorsuch’s Supreme Court nomination
- RT @voxdotcom: Mitt Romney said he wouldn’t accept an endorsement from Trump. Last night, he did. vox.com/policy-and-pol… 17 minutes ago
- RT @MisOfFact: Why Mitt Romney isn’t being told to “move on,” unlike another recent presidential candidate we could name. New from @smotus.… 2 hours ago
- I have been enthusiastic about @MittRomney's candidacy as I hope he will be an effective leader in the #NeverTrump… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- RT @smotus: When and why did we start looking to the president for moral leadership? @julia_azari has the story at @MisOfFact. https://t.c… 3 hours ago
- RT @Religion_Public: Before the indictment of 13 Russian operative, @bpopken and @NBCNews released a dataset of Twitter accounts used by th… 1 day ago